MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) Policy
Bikeman Performance actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its domestic dealers and distributors and has built a strong reputation and following among consumers. Bikeman Performance has determined that it will not support through advertising or promotional materials, cooperative advertising or otherwise, advertisements or promotional materials that have the effect of diminishing or detracting from the perceived value of Bikeman Performance Products.
Effective November 1st, 2016, Bikeman Performance has established a minimum advertised price (MAP) policy on all Bikeman Performance Products. This policy will apply to all U.S. and Canadian dealers and distributors.
The Bikeman Performance Products MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
1) MAP pricing is established by Bikeman Performance for all Bikeman Performance Products and may be adjusted by Bikeman Performance Products at its sole discretion. The MAP (minimum advertised price) for all Bikeman Performance Products is no more than ten percent (10%) below the Bikeman Performance Products retail price / MSRP.
2) The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Bikeman Performance Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet and similar electronic media, television, radio and public signage. For the purposes of internet sales, the entire website and page which is used to advertise or effectuate a sale, including shopping cart or similar device, will be considered part of the advertisement and must comply with the terms of this policy. The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is not distributed to any customer.
3) The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Bikeman Performance Products or another manufacturer) with a product covered by the MAP policy would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.
4) MAP only applies to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the phone. Bikeman Performance dealers and distributors remain free to sell these products at any price they elect.
5) MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and distributors may offer Bikeman Performance Products at any price in excess of the MAP established for such product.
6) Bikeman Performance Products’ MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer or distributor to advertise that they “have the lowest prices” or they “will beat any competitor’s price” as long as the advertised or listed price for the products is not less than MAP.
7) Intentional and /or repeated failure to abide by this policy may result in termination of dealership or distributorship. Bikeman Performance Products does not intend to do business with dealers or distributors who degrade the image of Bikeman Performance Products. Bikeman Performance Products may not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
8) The terms of this MAP policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties.
9) This MAP policy has been established by Bikeman Performance Products to help insure the legacy of Bikeman Performance Products as a top manufacturer of high performance, high quality motorsports products and to protect the reputation of its name and products.
920 Pine St
Saint Croix Falls, WI 54024